Blog Comment policy
At Long-View Living, we value conversation and interaction. That said, we want to do everything we can to ensure the conversation does not devolve into a disrespectful fray of trading insults. Thus, we have adopted a commenting policy. Policy elements are not listed in any particular order.
- You are welcome to comment without registering, though we do ask that you provide a name and email. The email will never be shared with 3rd parties.
- While we encourage use of your real name (for genuine conversation and community) you may post using an alias. anonymously. (If this policy is abused, we may alter it.)
- You may post follow-up questions about something said in the blog posting. If you have a question, chances are good that others have the same question.
- You are free to disagree with Damon's expressed view on whatever is in the blog posting. We welcome spirited discussion and debate, but ask that we each disagree in a way that is polite and respectful.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. While we encourage spirited discussion and do not shrink from disagreement, this is our blog, and we are not obligated to publish your comments if we judge them to be out-of-step with the spirit of this Comments Policy.
- Specifics - Comments will be deleted or denied if they are:
- Snarky (Overly sarcastic with a demeaning & belittling tone).
- Libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise .violates or encourages others to violate our sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws.
- Spam - I.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post if it is relevant to the discussion.
- You retain ownership of, and responsibility for, your comments. We do not own them, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on this site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here, and that you relieve Damon J. Gray, and Long-View Living Ministries from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant Long-View Living a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free.
- You grant Damon J. Gray and Long-View Living Ministries the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, our goal at Long-View Living Ministries is to host safe, interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. It is our belief that this simple comments policy will help facilitate those very conversations.
The Company welcomes your questions or comments regarding the Blog Comment Policy:
Long-View Living Ministries
P.O. Box 281
Lynden, WA 98264
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective as of May 24, 2018